Tuesday, September 1, 2009

vintage Harequin Romance Novels


I don't know how they can call these novels but they sure are novelties.
I have two boxes of vintage ones from the fifties.
I always thought if I had a cabin they would be fun to have on on display because I imagine that is were people might read such trashy stuff.
They are not trashy as in content they are actually quite strict in the moral sense.
Harlequin romance cover art holds its own appeal for fictional romance enthusiasts. The visual of the brawny hero and his damsel in distress has become synonymous with the Harlequin brand; in fact, collectors eagerly seek out vintage Harlequin cover art in a nod to the birth of a brand. While the Harlequin novel covers have gradually changed throughout the years to reflect a more modern audience, the cover art is still just as meticulously created as it was at its inception.

No comments:

Post a Comment